I found this nice recipe on the Pure2raw blog. Messed with it a bit and came up with a cute yummy cookie cake. Here is a link to their original post they have an icing recipe as well. I like to make my own so I didn’t try it. http://www.pure2raw.com/2012/01/chocolate-chip-cookie-cake-recipe/
prep-time: 10 minutes
bake-time: about 20 minutes
Makes one 8 or 9 inch circle cake I up’ed the ingredients to fit a 12″ heart pan.
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (Any type GF flour will do)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons water (makes 2 flax gels)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sucanat sugar (coconut sugar is fine as well)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (carob chips are great if you want to keep it vegan)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
First make your flax gel as it needs time to set up. Place your 2 tablespoons flax meal into a bowl along with 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
While the flax gel is in the works grab another bowl and add agave, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree. Stir till combined.
Next add in your flax gel and stir.
Finally add in your gluten free flour, coconut flour, sugar, baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir till combined, batter will be thick.
Bake in an 8 inch circle pan at 350 degrees for 18/20 mins.