Oh how fun, it’s a Pooh themed 2nd birthday party! This was a super cute party for an adorable 2 year old girl. Mom went all out with the crepe paper and hired an amazing face painter as well. The kids had tons of fun singing and dancing the day away.
I was excited to have a vegan cupcake order for this event. I tried out a new vegan buttercream icing which was pretty divine. The non-vegan chocolate chip cupcakes seemed to be a hit as well. Smiles all around!
The Pooh paper crafts were so enjoyable to make. There were a lot of classic Pooh graphics around the web for free use. The party hat was my favorite as I love bedazzling anything I can find.
Hope you find some inspiration here for your next event! You’ll find the vegan butercream icing recipe below. Thanks for reading!
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- Using an electric mixer beat together vegetable shortening and vegan butter in a large bowl.
- When smooth, gradually mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix in vanilla extract, then almond milk one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the consistency you desire. I needed mine pretty firm to shape the beehives so I added about 1/4 cup extra powdered sugar.
- Beat on high for 2 additional minutes until it’s fluffy and light.
- Try not to eat them all at once!